Wednesday, January 4

Mommy Writes: A New Series

4772858837_b3cf3f03f5As long as I’ve been writing, I’ve been searching online for answers to how moms, like me, found time to write. Honestly, I was looking for the answer before I had it in my head that I wanted to write. I just knew that I spent my days cleaning the house, cooking dinner, educating my children, and still falling to bed exhausted at night. How was I going to fit in time to write, plot, edit, build a platform, submit, query, etc.?

More than two years later and I still don’t have all the answers. Some days are more productive than others. Some days I go to sleep guilty that I haven’t written enough, I’ve let too many things on my to do list hang, or we ordered out again because I wasn’t organized enough to have dinner on the table in time. Balance is a difficult goal to have but one worthy enough for most moms to reach for. Just Google home organization and you’ll be buried under links for home management notebooks, cleaning schedules, once-a-month cooking, etc. Balance means juggling the most important things in my life, my children, my husband, my home, and my dreams. It also means knowing which balls to drop when my son is sick again or the baby had a rough night or my husband wants to spend quality time together or I’m burned out and need Jersey Shore more than I need anything else.

In my pledge to blog more often, I’ve decided to share some of the things that have worked for me in my attempt at balancing mommy with writer. I’ll be sharing recipes for quick meals, the steps I’m taking to clean house, and spend quality, intentional time with my family.

Photo of 40+251 Done-ish courtesy of bark.

2 comments:

Katie Reus said...

Followed this from a post on twitter. As a new mom I find the struggle to balance seems never ending. Really looking forward to seeing your posts (especially easy recipe ideas!).

Isabelle Flynn said...

Thanks, Katie. I've spent so much time looking online for ways to make things easier, I've decided to try and put everything together in one place.

Congrats on becoming a new mom. I hope I have some recipes that you're family will enjoy.

Post a Comment